The Scientific Clinical Coordinator (SCC), with supervision from the CEO, is responsible for preparing and winning contracts for clinical trials, pre-clinical studies, and scientific consulting work from existing clients and new clients. The SCC will meet and speak with clients and potential clients to determine their needs, and perform all background research, vendor negotiations, proposal writing (including grants and RFP responses), budget preparation, and contracts formatting required to close new business for the organization. The SCC is expected to write scientific summaries (with annotations) for the background and introduction for proposals. The SCC will be friendly, outgoing, and pleasant to be with, and will conduct all job-related activities in an ethical, conscientious, and professional manner that is likely to contribute to the good reputation of the company and its staff and to the furtherance of corporate interests.
- Scientific and/or Professional Degree – minimum master level (doctorate level preferred). Acceptable degrees also include PhD, MD, DO, RD, etc.
- Experience with preparation of proposals, managing contracts, formulating budgets, and handling change orders to client request within deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of drug development activities and regulatory requirements within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. The ability to get complex and scientific points across clearly and succinctly.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and plan activities.
- Experience leading and working within cross-functional teams and a proven ability to establish relationships at all levels of clientele (sponsors, contract vendors, consultants, etc.)
- Ability to problem-solve, build teams, and to lead and motivate others.
- Willing and able to travel abroad.