Scientific Coordinator / Software Development Project Manager (Agoura Hills, CA)
Medicus Research, a leading contract research organization has an immediate opening or a Scientific Coordinator / Software Development Project Management position. With direct supervision from the CEO, this position’s responsibilities will include preparing and winning contracts for clinical trials, pre-clinical studies, and scientific consulting work from existing clients and new clients. Also, improving company’s operating processes in the short and long term; reviewing current software applications and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Attend conference calls with clients to understand their project requirements;
- Format contracts and send to clients and potential clients;
- Manage Online Software Development project activities for multiple assignments across all phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure;
- Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual projects (new and/or ongoing);
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters;
- Analyze and administer with regard to trade-offs and risks; drive key conclusions across projects;
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by account managers, clients and management;
- Provide input into strategic planning and asset creation processes;
- Write scientific summaries (with annotations) for the background and introduction for proposals;
- Present proposal to CEO for review and make all required changes/corrections/additions;
- Use and update Customer Relations Management (CRM) software with all client-related activity;
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning;
- Contribute to the design and coding of products.
- Scientific and/or Professional Degree – minimum masters level (doctorate level preferred)
- Acceptable degrees also include PhD, MD, DO, RD, etc.
- 2-3 years experience in a technology environment, including practical professional experience in project management;
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development.
- Ability to get complex and scientific points across clearly and succinctly;
- Experience leading and working within cross-functional teams, and a proven ability to establish relationships at all levels of clients (sponsors, contract vendors, consultants, etc.);
- Highly developed diplomatic negotiation and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence without formal authority;
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills;
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment;
- Must be self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated;
- Must be a team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Proficient with MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications.